Warranty is covered for the costs (limited to parts and labour inclusive of VAT up to the maximum claim limit of £800 or €1,000) of repairing or replacing the covered components below that have suffered a sudden electrical or mechanical failure occurring within the area of cover and during the period of cover.
A. PARTS COVERED:
THE ENGINE I.E. Oil pump, crankshaft, big end bearings, main bearing, thrust bearing, time gears, chains tensioner, cam shaft and cam shaft followers, tappet gear, valves guides, pistons, gudgeon pins, piston rings, con rods, cylinder head.
THE MANUAL TRANSMISSION I.E. All internal components including main shaft lay gear, all gears, synchro hub assemblies, baulk rings, needle rollers, bearings front, wheel drive units, bearings & propeller shafts, transaxle & drives conditional to good maintenance of booths and lubrications, excluding: external linkage and service adjustments.
THE AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION I.E. Auto clutch bands, valve block, pumps, torque converter, Governor Valve, Speedo drive, but excluding: external linkage.
THE BRAKES I.E Brake master cylinder, servo unit including ABS hydraulic unit is fitted.
THE COOLING SYSTEM I.E. Water pump, radiator, viscous/electric fan thermostat.
B. EXTENT OF COVER:
Warranty is for 1875 miles/3000 km and limited to 3 months, whichever comes sooner, with benefits of up to £800 or €1,000 (incl.VAT)
1. Any collision, impact or damage for external influences, such as, ingress of foreign matter into fuel system, cooling system, etc., or any fault caused or contribution to abuse or neglect.
2. The Guarantee applies to cars in private use or in the course of business. It excludes vehicles being used for hire or gain, such as taxis or commercial users. It also excludes vehicles being rallied or used for any kind of motor racing or competition.
3. Wear and tear.
4. Service items, maintenance and adjustments.
5. Flywheels, DPF, Clutch plate/bearing Turbo unit & electric sensors.
6. Oil and water leaks, internal or external.
7. Accessory alarms, switches and battery.
1. This warranty is only applicable to the person and vehicle identified above and is non-transferable.
2. The owner shall take all reasonable steps to safeguard the vehicle from loss or damage and to maintain it in efficient condition. The owner must also have the vehicle serviced accordance with the manufacture’s recommendations
3. In the event of a claim, the owner must advise the Company on the day of the failure. No repairs are to be commenced unless authorised by the Company and must quote an order number from the Company.
4. The Company shall be realised from liability of this guarantee if the condition are not fully complied with.
Vehicle remains the property of AIG AUTOS until paid in FULL.
F. WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER any injury, failure, loss or damage caused by, arising from or in connection with the following:
1. Corrosion, frost, salt, hail, windstorms, lightning, airborne fallout, (e.g. chemicals, tree sap, bird droppings, etc), water ingress or flooding.
2. Any defect which is likely to have existed after the period of warranty as stated above.
3. Wear and tear, normal deterioration, routine servicing, maintenance.
4. Faulty repairs, incorrect servicing or failure to have the covered vehicle serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s specification.
5. Lack of oil, fuel, lubricants, hydraulic fluids or additives; or foreign matter entering the fuel, cooling, air conditioning or lubrication systems; or use of oil, fuel, lubricants, hydraulic fluids or additives which the manufacturer of the covered vehicle does not recommend.
6. Vehicles modified in any way from the original manufacturer’s specification.
7. Any loss where the speedometer has been tampered with, altered, disconnected or where the mileage of the covered vehicle cannot be verified; or where you or anyone else acting on your behalf acts in a way that prevents us from exercising our right to inspect the covered vehicle under this warranty.
8. Damage or failure caused by an excluded component.
9. If the vehicle has been used for competitions of any kind, racing, pace making, rallies, off road use including track days, for any form of hire or reward and usage for or by driving schools. Using a vehicle as a Public Service Vehicle or as an SPSV (small public service vehicle) will also void the warranty.
10. Losses or damage due in any way to any type of accident, misuse or any act or omission which is willful, unlawful or negligent.
11. Any component which is either subject to recall by the covered vehicle’s manufacturer, manufacturing defect or inherent design faults.
12. Electrical or mechanical failure which happens outside the area of cover.
13. Cleaning, polishing, operations performed under normal maintenance, adjustments, modifications, alteration, tampering, disconnection, improper adjustments or repairs.
14. We will not pay for any damage to parts not covered by this warranty even if the damage is caused by a covered part.
15. We will not pay for any depreciation to your covered vehicle, loss of earnings, death or bodily injury, damage to property or any other loss or damage which is a direct or indirect result of the failure of a covered item.
16. As your warranty is intended to cover the repair and/or replacement of defective or damaged parts, it does not additionally cover losses that may be caused by that defective or damaged part, unless otherwise stated.
17. Ionizing radiation or radioactive contamination from any nuclear fuel or the nuclear waste arising from burning nuclear fuel.
18. Radioactive, toxic, explosive or other dangerous properties of any explosive nuclear equipment or nuclear part of that equipment.
19. Acts of war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, terrorism, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, riot or civil commotion, explosions, fire, radiation and falling objects.
20. Pressure waves caused by aircraft and other aerial devices travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds.
21. Any costs covered under any other warranty, insurance or cover.
22. Any damage which has occurred as a result of accidental damage or impact of whatever nature to either the covered vehicle or the persons.
23. This warranty will not cover any loss, damage or failure caused wholly or partially from lack of maintenance, abuse or neglect or as a result of accident. It will not cover pre-existing faults or a gradual reduction in operating performance that is commensurate with the age and mileage of the vehicle.
24. If vehicle is owned by a person or a business for the purpose of selling or servicing motor vehicles.
25. The car must not be used for hire or reward, commercial use, professional instruction, competition or off-road use, motor rally, speed or duration tests or any practice for these events.
26. Warranty will be void if an under warranty vehicle is taken to a different garage to rectify a fault without our knowledge/consent.
27. Emergency service vehicles.
Note: It is in the buyer’s interest to point out any problems and to check the vehicle prior to purchase as any minor problems will not be rectified after a period of 24 hrs.
ROAD SIDE ASSISTANCE
If unfourtunatly your vehicle breaks down WE DO NOT COVER THE RECOVERY CHARGE/SERVICE UNDER WARRANTY. It would be in your best interest to purchase Roadside/Breakdown cover.
Warranty terms and conditions can be changed without any notice